Last updated: 6 MAY 2020
When we say ‘personal data’ we mean identifiable information about you, like your name, email, address, telephone number, bank account details, payment information, support queries, community comments and so on. If you can’t be identified (for example, when personal data has been aggregated and anonymized) then this notice doesn’t apply.
Who are ‘we’?
When we refer to ‘we’ (or ‘our’ or ‘us’), that means Prehireforms and its wholly-owned subsidiaries.
We provide an easy-to-use global cloud software platform for small and medium-sized businesses.
For European Union data protection purposes, when we act as a controller in relation to your personal data, our Data Protection Officer is our representative and can be contacted at [email protected]
How we collect information
Information you provide to us directly
When you visit or use some parts of our websites and/or services we might ask you to provide personal data to us. For example, we ask for your contact information when you sign up for a free trial, respond to a job application or an email offer, , participate in community forums, join us on social media, take part in training and events, contact us with questions or request support. If you don’t want to provide us with personal information, you don’t have to, but it might mean you can’t use some parts of our websites or services.
Information we collect automatically
While you use our site and services, we collect general information of the sort that web browsers, servers and network operators typically make available. These include things like your IP address and device type. We also collect information when you navigate through our websites and services, including what pages you looked at and what links you clicked on. This information helps us troubleshoot problems, understand how you use our site, improve our products and services, and help ensure that we continue to provide the best possible experience.
Information we get from third parties
The majority of information we collect, we collect directly from you. Sometimes we might collect personal data about you from other sources, such as publicly available materials or trusted third parties like our marketing and research partners. We use this information to supplement the personal data we already hold about you, in order to better inform, personalize and improve our services, and to validate the personal data you provide.
If we don’t collect your personal data, we may be unable to provide you with all our services, and some functions and features on our websites may not be available to you.
Basis for processing Personal Information (EEA visitors only)
Our basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it. However, we will normally collect personal information from you only where we have your consent to do so, where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you, or where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you.
How we use the information we collect
- carry out our obligations and to provide you with agreed products and services;
- establish, maintain and administer your account;
- maintain, troubleshoot, and improve our site, platforms, apps, products, and services;
- develop new products and services;
- if your preferences permit, to provide you with recommendations and personalised products and services;
- measure performance of our site, platforms, apps, products, and services;
- secure and protect you, us, our site, platforms, apps, products, and services, and the public;
- meeting our legal, regulatory, and tax reporting obligations;
- communicate with you about our site, platforms, apps, products, and services—such as to notify of changes and updates, alert you to data or security breaches, and to provide you with customer support;
- with your explicit consent, to create or distribute promotional and marketing material that is relevant to you;
- for quality assurance and training purposes;
- in the case of non-personally identifiable information only – or personal information only with your explicit consent — to promote and market ourselves, our products and services, and our websites (including any social media pages maintained or operated by us such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube etc); and
How we share information we collect
Personal information we collect stays within the Pre Hire Forms family, other than in the following circumstances:
- when you give us explicit consent to share your data;
- when we share it with the greater Pre Hire Forms family (i.e. with our affiliated and group companies);
- when we share it with our affiliates, partners, and other trusted organisations we work with to provide products and services to you;
- when we share it with trusted external service providers and data processors such as data centres, web hosts, cloud storage and cloud software providers, customer support providers, payment processors, debt collectors, accountants, and insurers;
- when we share it with prospective sellers or buyers of our business or assets; or
- when we share it with regulators and other relevant parties for the purpose of legal or contractual compliance, reporting purposes, or when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect our property or rights, or the rights of third parties or the public at large.
It’s your personal data and you have certain rights relating to it. You may unsubscribe from our marketing communications by following the unsubscribe instructions located on the bottom of our emails or by emailing us at [email protected]
We take all reasonable steps within our control to ensure that the personal information we hold about you is accurate. We also take reasonable steps to ensure that the information is complete and up-to-date. However, we also rely on you to advise us of any changes to your personal information.
We are committed to protecting your personal data and have taken steps to ensure that your personal information is treated securely and to prevent unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks.
Although we aim to create a safe, secure environment by trying to limit access to the site to legitimate users, we cannot guarantee that unauthorised parties will not gain access. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we expressly exclude any liability arising from any unauthorised access to your personal information.
We will make every feasible effort to inform the Singapore Personal Data Protection Commission or other relevant authority as soon as possible after the occurrence of any significant personal data breach which poses a risk to your rights and freedoms as a natural person. We will also inform you without undue delay unless the risk to your individual rights and freedoms is low—such as if the compromised data was well encrypted.
Please contact us at [email protected]
The length of time we keep your personal data depends on what it is and whether we have an ongoing business need to retain it (for example, to provide you with a service you’ve requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements).
We’ll retain your personal data as necessary to provide you with our services or for our legitimate commercial interests for as long as we have a relationship with you and for a period of time afterwards where we have an ongoing legitimate commercial interest in retaining it, in accordance with our data retention policies and practices. Following that period, we’ll make sure it’s deleted or anonymized.
International Transfer of Information
To make this site work properly, we sometimes place small data files called cookies on your device. Most big websites do this too. A cookie is a small text file that a website stores on a visitor’s computer, and that the visitor’s browser provides to the website each time the visitor returns. It enables the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login, language, font size and other display preferences) over a period of time, so you don’t have to keep re-entering them whenever you come back to the site or browse from one page to another.
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our site. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our site, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognize you when you return to our site. This enables us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our site, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our site and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
Links to third party websites
How to contact us